If you are in need of help or know someone that does, click here for a list of several resources available.
Help us make the 2018 Run to the Ascent another success! In 2017 we raised $20,000 for area schools to help prevent teen suicide. 100% of the proceeds from the race go toward this great cause. CLICK HERE to sponsor our 2018 Run to the Ascent 5K!
We're going to need A LOT of volunteers to pull this off again this year! We have teams and team leaders who need help in the following areas:
- Course Marshals
- Registration and Packet Pick-Up
- Start and Finish Line Team
- Set Up and Tear Down
- Medical Team
- Parking Team
- Color Stations and Water Stations
- Kids Team
- Awards Team
- Sponsor Relations
- ...and MORE!
CLICK HERE to join or lead a team!
Suicide Is At Epidemic Levels
Our community is banding together to stop teen suicides in their tracks. Resources for teens will be on site, plus all proceeds go to our local schools to help them with this important work. For more information and ways you can help, visit yellowribbon.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not able to sponsor, run, vend, or volunteer and wish to make a donation, consider making a donation for the cause. All donations are 100% tax deductible. Donate via Run to the Ascent Donations.
To make a difference
2018 Run to the Ascent 5K For Schools Saturday, June 16: 8am!
** The Ascent Church - 1750 Deer Creek Rd in Monument **
The 2018 Run to the Ascent 5K is set to be a FUN and competitive event that will make a difference in our community!
Competitive 5K with age group awards!
- Chip-timed competitive 5K!
- Age group awards 1-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 & Masters!
- Competitive wave starts before the Family Color Fun Run.
- SWAG from sponsors
Run or walk on the Family Color Fun Run with us!
- More than 500 pounds of color!
- Live music, food trucks, fun vendors, and more at the end
- Kids fun run and kids obstacle course
- SWAG from sponsors
- Monkey Ball, teen challenges, and dunk-the-pastor
Two-time Olympic medalist Frank Shorter will be our starting marshal! Frank will be autographing his book, My Marathon.
Run to the Ascent 5K for Schools
- Saturday, June 16, 2018, 8am start; arrive by 7:30 for parking (streets will close prior to the race)
- Parking: Lewis Palmer Middle School, The Ascent Church, and other local lots (watch for directions as you arrive and here on this website)